- HubbleSite press release: New Clues About the Nature of Dark Energy: Einstein May Have Been Right After All.
- 1998 paper announcing the dark energy discovery: Riess et al
- 1999 paper confirming dark energy discovery Perlmutter et al.
- The group that first detected cosmic acceleration: High-Z supernova search team and the group that confirmed it Supernova Cosmology Project.
- Sean Carroll's technical reviews: Why is the universe accelerating?, The Cosmological Constant, and Dark Energy and the Preposterous Universe.
- Jim Peebles, Testing General Relativity on the Scales of Cosmology.
- "The World's Most Successful Nearby Supernova Search Engine", The Katzman Automatic Imaging Telescope.
- Supernova Acceleration Probe (SNAP), a proposed satellite experiment.
- A reanalysis (, ) of an experiment [R.H. Koch, D. van Harlingen, J. Clarke, Phys. Rev. B 26 (1982) 74] to find the broad-band spectrum of Josephson junction noise current claims to connect it to the spectral frequency upper limit predicted by matching estimates of the dark energy density to the measured vacuum energy density. This claim is not yet accepted. For disputes, see , , .
- Christopher J. Conselice, "The Universe's Invisible Hand," Scientific American. February, 2007.
- Robert R Caldwell (May 2004). "Dark energy", Physics World.
- Dennis Overbye (November 2006). "9 Billion-Year-Old ‘Dark Energy’ Reported", The New York Times.
- "Mysterious force's long presence" BBC News online (2006) More evidence for dark energy being the cosmological constant
- "Astronomy Picture of the Day" one of the images of the Cosmic Microwave Background which confirmed the presence of dark energy and dark matter
- SuperNova Legacy Survey home page The Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope Legacy Survey Supernova Program aims primarily at measuring the equation of state of Dark Energy. It is designed to precisely measure several hundred high-redshift supernovae.
- "Report of the Dark Energy Task Force"
- "Dark energy" BBC Science & Nature (2006)
- "Dark energy in the accelerating universe" Supernova Acceleration Probe (SNAP) Satellite Observatory home page.
- Emille Ishida. "When did cosmic acceleration start", Astroparticle physics.
- "Calculation of the Cosmological Constant by Unifying Matter and Dark Energy" A geometric model of dark energy as Poincaré sphere - calculated: ΩD = 0.734, observed: ΩD = 0.65...0.85 (see also blog).
- "HubbleSite.org -- Dark Energy Website" Multimedia presentation explores the science of dark energy and Hubble's role in its discovery.
- "Surveying the dark side"
- "Dark energy and 3-manifold topology" Acta Physica Polonica 38 (2007), p.3633-3639
- The Dark Energy Survey: https://www.darkenergysurvey.org/
- The Information Equation of State: http://www.mdpi.org/entropy/papers/e10030150.pdf
- The Joint Dark Energy Mission: http://jdem.gsfc.nasa.gov/
- "Dark Energy Found Stifling Growth in Universe", Newswise (December 2008)., is a secondary source (with extra animations) for,
- Harvard: Dark Energy Found Stifling Growth in Universe, primary source
Central Research for Dark Energy & Dark Matter