Buku yang sangat bagus dan lengkap karya Prof. Thanu Padmanabhan, seru dan sangat mengasyikan.
"Beam me up, Scotty ! There is no intelligent life out here"
~Prof. T. Padmanabhan~
Sedikit Curriculum Vitae Beliau:
Thanu Padmanabhan (born 10 March 1957, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala) (Malayalam: താണു പദ്മനാഭന്) is an Indian theoretical physicist and Cosmologist whose research spans a wide variety of topics in Gravitation, Structure formation in the universe and Quantum Gravity. He has published more than 230 papers and reviews in international journals and ten books in these areas.
Many of his contributions, especially those related to the analysis and modelling of dark energy in the universe and the interpretation of gravity as an emergent phenomenon, have made significant impact in the field. He is currently Distinguished Professor at the Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, (IUCAA) at Pune, India.
Beberapa bab yang ada dalam buku ini adalah:
1. Order-of-magnitude astrophysics
3. Special relativity, electrodynamics and optics
4. Basics of electromagnetic radiation
5. Statistical mechanics
6. Radiative processes
8. Neutral fluids
9. Plasma physics
10. Gravitational dynamics
11. General theory of relativity
12. Basics of nuclear physics
1. http://www.iucaa.ernet.in/~paddy/ [Prof. Thanu Padmanabhan]
2. http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/ta/ [HARVARD-SMITHSONIAN CENTER FOR ASTROPHYSICS]
3. http://www-astro-theory.fnal.gov/ [Fermilab Theoretical Astrophysics]
4. http://astro.berkeley.edu/tac/ [Theoretical Astrophysics Center at the University of California, Berkeley]
5. http://anita.edu.au/ [Australian National Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (ANITA)]