BIG BIGGER BIGGEST: Skyscraper
The world's tallest man-made structure is the 829.8 m (2,722 ft) tall Burj Khalifa in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The building gained the official title of "Tallest Building in the World" at its opening on January 4, 2010.
The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, an organization that certifies buildings as the "World’s Tallest", recognizes a building only if at least fifty percent of its height is made up of floor plates containing habitable floor area. Structures that do not meet this criterion, such as the CN Tower, are defined as "towers".
There are dozens of radio and television broadcasting towers which measure over 600 metres (about 2,000 ft) in height, and only the tallest are recorded in publicly available information sources.
- List of tallest buildings in the world
- List of tallest structures in the world
- List of tallest freestanding structures in the world
- List of tallest structures in the world by country
- List of tallest towers in the world
- List of architects of supertall buildings
- List of cities with most skyscrapers
Big Bigger Biggest